FACT: All leaders are ‘people managers’. Therefore, HR Practices should not be a preserve of the HR Department; rather, they should be meaningfully devolved to all leaders in order to safeguard the essence of the brand’s values, mission and purpose.
HR for Non-HR Managers helps leaders identify with their primary role of improving employee capabilities in order to enhance organizational capacity. In this regard, contemporary human resource management practices should essentially be woven into a brand’s very fibre.
Therefore, for an organization to succeed, it is not enough to simply appoint managers without equipping them adequately.
- We aim to demonstrate that all managers are primarily ‘people managers’ whose default role is to cultivate relationships
- If all managers are ‘people managers’, then contemporary HR practices are a pre-requisite for leadership success
- As we engage with each delegate, we learn more about their encounters with their teams, and help them appreciate that ‘leadership is like parenting’
- We empower delegates with insights and tools aimed at improving their people management skills
- We entrench contemporary perspectives on HR Leadership in a forward-looking brand
- We share experiences regarding HR challenges and successes in other brands
Here is a link for a Quick Survey: MMC HR For Non-HR Managers
After the 3-day intensive Workshop, based on 10 carefully selected topics:
- Each delegate is given a practical assignment aimed at internalizing the learned concepts;
- Part of the task includes a team survey, back at the workstation;
- Based on the survey results, delegates are assigned to produce an Action Plan;
- We will review progress on a monthly basis, until the 3rd month;
- Delegates will be awarded Recognition Certificates based on their follow through.